There are some Hymns that really make the spirit warm my soul from within. After I read Teresa's post I started think about Elliot being where he is, my brother where he is now, and where he could be in the next year, and I couldn't help but feel sad and scared. These are scary times in our lives and our young men are facing the scariest parts while we have BBQ's and go to drive-in movies. Even though I am scared I have hope and I know they all know how much we love them and how much their Savior loves them. I know that no matter what happens the Lord will protect them and they will have the Saviors comfort. We must keep our prayers strong and fill our hearts with the love the Savior showed us. We talked about Alma the younger today in institute and if it hadn't been for his father and his people praying for him he might not have ever been born again with spirit of God. It is a work in progress. Never under estimate the power of prayer. I love my family and I love the gospel. I smile now and think to myself , "Come to Zion, Come to Zion..." I know this post might not make very much sense, but I could feel it in my heart and I needed to write down! I love you all!
Entrepreneurial Journal Week 14: Conclusion
1 year ago
3 comments:
That was sweet. I am glad you are so intune!
Uplifting post. Thank you. Thank you also for leaving a note on my blog. It is hard to believe that these boys have grown up into men we can certainly be proud of. Here's some unsolicited advice for your family regarding your brother being in boot camp...
Do all you can to make it to his boot camp graduation. It will be one of the most AMAZING weekends of your life. No exaggeration. It definitely was for me. When does Bud graduate?
Me again... I have a website to recommend to you and your family. It's www.MarineParents.com. You can hook up (via message boards)with other parents/family members who have Marines in the same boot camp platoon as your brother. And, once he's deployed, you can stay connected with those PDS families, and have weekly online chats, too. People who don't have family members in the military sometimes don't get what military families go through (I know I didn't), and so it's really great to have a place like MarineParents.com where you can hook up with other people who know exactly what you're feeling/thinking/worried about, etc.
At a certain point in Bud's boot camp training, there will be a link on MarineParents.com where you can see a video of his platoon. I think it may be Week 10.
Best of luck to Bud. Please tell him thank you for his willingness to serve. Our prayers to him and your whole family.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!
OOH RAH!
Post a Comment